Sunday 28 October 2012

It's amazing what you find when you go through old paperwork...

So I knew I had a lot of stuff that needed to be shredded before I could biff it all (old bank statements and the like) and it was interesting to find some stuff that dated back more than 6 years (as well as to fill up 10 shopping bags with shredding - thanks for the loan of your shredder, Mum!).

Six years ago, I was working as a PA and in my final year of part-time as a legal executive (equivalent to a para-legal).  The job was coming to an end, in that I had done what I could in it and knew that it was time to move on.  The plan was that I was going to move overseas (to Melbourne, Australia)...being the geek that I am, I had a folder with lists of what I needed/wanted/had to do/arrange to move to Aus.

The other day, I found the folder and the first list in there was what I wanted in terms of a place to live.  Of the 15 items on the list, my current house (which I moved into four years ago) has 13 of those requirements - the only two missing were a gas cooker and air conditioning/central heating - neither of which are a major concern here.

Which makes me wonder.  Maybe if I make more (very specific lists) of what I want from the universe, maybe I'll get what I want.

I think I might start putting together my wish lists....I don't bother with New Year resolutions, but I have a birthday coming up and maybe I could have a new birthday year resolution....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it will be published once it has been moderated.